Lake Elmo MN Real Estate

The city of Lake Elmo has a very small population and is home to the oldest farms in all of Minnesota. Located just southwest of Stillwater, Lake Elmo is expected to grow substantially over the next fifteen years, though city planners are working to ensure that the community retains its rural feel. Click to Read More

Showing 1 - 12 of  70
·Page
 of  6 
· 
Sort By:
Showing 1 - 12 of  70
·Page
 of  6 
·

Lake Elmo MN Housing

Lake Elmo, MN real estate offers some of the most scenic view – Lake Elmo Regional Park – around. The wildlife and rustic nature of the small city affords on the opportunity to escape, but stay within reach of the Twin Cities. Real estate is not cheap, however, it's almost always going to be more expensive the longer you wait. Lake Elmo is a prime example of this. With its lucious fields, rolling hills and little pink houses, Lake Elmo MN offers some of the finest real estate in the state at a price that you might just take a close look at.

Lake Elmo MN Homes For Sale

Lake Elmo, MN is a throwback to old-time Americana. The city is representative of a time when T-Birds cruised and young families were returning from war and settling down in the bedroom community. Fifty years later, not a lot has changed in the town. A large outdoor, drive-in movie theater still adorns the same field it has for a generation and families settle down in this rural wonder now as they did in the '50s. However, the boom is back in Lake Elmo. The city's population is expected to bulge in the coming years, and no doubt the number of homes built along with it.

Lake Elmo MN New Homes

Located 20 minutes east of the Cities, Lake Elmo is rife with change. The new housing stock popping up inside and along its borders is expected to continue, by all accounts. New homes vary in style from block to block, however, many retain the furnishings and feel of an older farming community.

Lake Elmo MN Home Builder

In this world of 10-second transactions and constant identity theft, practically nothing is more important in the business world that checking out who it is you're trusting to do business with. While Lake Elmo, MN, its residents and home builders all have stellar reputations, it doesn't hurt to follow-up on each builder's references. Ask him or her for pictures of their previous work. Test their mettle and ask around a bit before hiring on a home builder.

Lake Elmo MN Realtor

No one knows Lake Elmo like us. We've forged connections in the town through more than a decade of finding the nooks and crannys (and the deals located there-in). We can't guarantee that you'll get the perfect home at the perfect price. What we can say is that no realtors will work harder to make your housing vision a reality than Barker and Hedges. In Lake Elmo, MN there are a number of potential buyers and sellers. We've worked with the sellers in the past, and are helping buyers become a part of this truly special rural community within minutes of the Twin Cities.

Lake Elmo Minnesota Information



Lake Elmo is located in Washington County, which recently won a Trailblazer Award from the National Center for Civic Innovation for its efforts to involve and inform the public about government activities and performance. The citizens of Lake Elmo have a real voice in the governing of the city, from the planning of public park space to the incorporation of the public viewpoint in the siting of traffic signals and signs. The commitment to including the citizen viewpoint on important issues makes Lake Elmo a friendly, involved community where the opinions of each resident can make a difference in the shape of the town itself.

Washington County, and Lake Elmo in particular, offer many opportunities for outdoor recreation. The Lake Elmo Park Reserve is a 3 ½ mile area that is being returned to its natural state to reflect the land as it was before the settlers arrived. When the renovation is complete, 80 percent of the park will be a natural preserve, with the remaining 20 percent devoted to recreation. The park includes a boat launch, hiking trails, three separate campgrounds, canoe access to the lake and equestrian trails through the woods. It's an ideal site for picnicking, camping, swimming, boating, hiking and trail rides.

When it comes to education, rural doesn't mean low-tech. In 2003, Oak-Land Junior High School decided to participate in Apple Computer's pilot program aimed at increasing the utilization of technology in the classroom. Lake Elmo is a part of the Stillwater Area School District that encompasses Stillwater, Lake Elmo, Lily Lake, Afton-Lakeland, Marine, Oak Park, Rutherford, Anderson, Stonebridge, Valley Crossing and Withrow.

Lake Elmo real estate prices range greatly, however older resale homes are generally the more fiscally-friendly buy. Most of the city's housing is single family residences located on 3 ½ to 5 acre lots.

Lake Elmo offers the perfect combination of beautiful rural living and modern technology and access. The concentration on education and community involvement makes Lake Elmo an ideal place to raise a family or enjoy your retirement years.The small city has a very small population and is home to the oldest farms in all of Minnesota. Located just southwest of Stillwater, Lake Elmo is expected to grow substantially over the next fifteen years, though city planners are working to ensure that the community retains its rural feel.

Lake Elmo is located in Washington County, which recently won a Trailblazer Award from the National Center for Civic Innovation for its efforts to involve and inform the public about government activities and performance. The citizens of Lake Elmo have a real voice in the governing of the city, from the planning of public park space to the incorporation of the public viewpoint in the siting of traffic signals and signs. The commitment to including the citizen viewpoint on important issues makes Lake Elmo a friendly, involved community where the opinions of each resident can make a difference in the shape of the town itself.

Washington County, and Lake Elmo in particular, offer many opportunities for outdoor recreation. The Lake Elmo Park Reserve is a 3 ½ mile area that is being returned to its natural state to reflect the land as it was before the settlers arrived. When the renovation is complete, 80 percent of the park will be a natural preserve, with the remaining 20 percent devoted to recreation. The park includes a boat launch, hiking trails, three separate campgrounds, canoe access to the lake and equestrian trails through the woods. It's an ideal site for picnicking, camping, swimming, boating, hiking and trail rides.

When it comes to education, rural doesn't mean low-tech. In 2003, Oak-Land Junior High School decided to participate in Apple Computer's pilot program aimed at increasing the utilization of technology in the classroom. Lake Elmo is a part of the Stillwater Area School District that encompasses Stillwater, Lake Elmo, Lily Lake, Afton-Lakeland, Marine, Oak Park, Rutherford, Anderson, Stonebridge, Valley Crossing and Withrow.

Lake Elmo real estate prices range greatly, however older resale homes are generally the more fiscally-friendly buy. Most of the city's housing is single family residences located on 3 ½ to 5 acre lots.

Lake Elmo offers the perfect combination of beautiful rural living and modern technology and access. The concentration on education and community involvement makes Lake Elmo an ideal place to raise a family or enjoy your retirement years.

NEW LISTING EMAIL ALERTS

Be the first to know when new listings hit the market.

Sign Up Now
Twin Cities Market Stats

Pricing trends, average days on market, and more, updated every day.

View All Stats
What's My Home's Value?

Our professional analysis includes data on recent sales and current market trends.

Find Out Now
From Our Blog
Friday, September 12, 2014

Maiden Rock Refuge

This historic riverfront property has been extensively preserved and enhanced by the current owners and will be a destination for generations to come.  Originally built as the Maiden Rock Creamery in the 1940's, it was converted into retail ...  Read More

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

5412 France Avenue #204, Edina MN

Looking for a fabulous condo with all the updates and a location to die for?  Proudly introducing you to MLS #4483720.  This beautifully remodeled condo features an open floor plan, hardwood floors, granite kitchen counters, stainless ...  Read More

View All Posts