Things To Do In Blaine
Finding things to do in Blaine is never a problem. The medium sized city offers recreational opportunities that many major metropolitan areas would envy, including major sporting venues, outdoor trails and hiking opportunities, family fitness and fun activities, fine dining and great shopping.
Blaine Parks and Recreation Department
From outdoor activities like hiking, fishing and golf to art classes for the entire family to musical theater, the Blaine Parks and Rec Department has you covered. The Blaine Parks Department offers a full slate of recreational programs and facilities for everyone from toddlers to seniors. A typical summer menu of offerings from the city parks might include:
- Dance and movement classes for toddlers, youngsters and adults
- Theater in the park productions with acting opportunities for kids and adults
- Play-net Summer Program offering games and activities for 6-12 year olds supervised by trained recreational counselors
- Camp programs in science, art and investigation for K-6th graders
- Classes in music, dance, cheering, gymnastics and self-defense at all age levels
- An annual summer Teen Jam for budding musical geniuses and garage bands
- Skateboard camp and a skate park for pre-teens and teens
- Tennis, football, golf, soccer and softball teams for kids and adults
- Adult sports leagues in football, softball, kickball and soccer
- Yoga classes for adults
- Family and adult fitness activities and training
- Planned community outings that include casino nights, mystery progressive dinners and boat cruises
- A wide variety of senior activities including luncheons, sporting events, casino trips and classes
Sporting Venues and Attractions in Blaine
Other Blaine attractions include the Schwan Super Rink at the National Sports Center, the world’s largest amateur sports and meeting facility. The Schwan Super Rink features 4 Olympic size skating rinks for hockey, broomball, speed and figure skating, in addition to fielding teams in hockey and broomball and offering ice skating lessons and development camps to improve your game.
Also at the National Sports Center, you’ll find the Velodrome, one of the fastest venues for track cycling in the country. Spectators can enjoy some of the hottest bike racing in the nation – and if you want to get out there on your own, the Velodrome offers track training at all levels from youth to expert adult.
Young golfers will find all that they need at the National Youth Golf Center and the newly opened Victory Links Course, a unique 18 hole golf course that’s designed to let families of all abilities tee off together. In addition to the Links and Putting Green, the National Youth Golf Center offers classes and lessons in golf for youth of all abilities.
What’s your dining pleasure? From classic to exotic, Blaine restaurants cater to your tastes. You’ll find all the usual suspects, but among the nationally franchised dining out venues, you’ll also find some true gems. Neptune Café Italiana has made a name for itself by offering fine dining in an intimate atmosphere at bargain prices. Bebop’s is in a class by itself – a sports complex, sports bar and restaurant in one. Play volleyball, watch your favorite sports events on one of forty screens and knock back some of the best traditional family favorites in the city all in one spot.
Other area recreation and entertainment venues include seven movie theaters within minutes of Blaine, bowling and arcades at the Blainbrook Entertainment Center and much, much more. Whether your preferences are for spectator sports, active involvement or cultural activities, you’ll find far more to do in Blaine than you could ever imagine.