Early Spring Home Maintenance Checklist
Okay, maybe it’s a little early to be thinking spring, but we are nearly half-way through March already – warmer weather is bound to come soon! And with spring comes home maintenance, especially if you’re thinking of selling your home this summer.
So I’ve scoured the Internet to put together some home maintenance projects that will help you gear up for the home selling season. There will be another checklist coming later once it starts warming up out there, but these are things you should be able to do right now. Many of these steps will also help you get a head start on increasing your home’s curb appeal.
- Clean windows and repair screens
- Check life expectancy of appliances
- Lubricate door hinges and hardware
- Vacuum out-of-the-way spots
- Change furnace filters
- Change batteries in carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
- Prune shrubs and trees (Cold weather is the perfect time to do this!)
- Have a professional chimney sweep clean/inspect your active or decorative chimney
- Test GFCI Outlets
- Test Sump Pump
- Clean AC System
- Check Attic Fan
- Inspect and Maintain Laundry Appliances
This is just a short list to get you started. With the cold temperatures out, it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to pressure wash the deck and siding. There’s also most likely a lot of ice and snow in the gutters yet. Watch out for more spring home maintenance and curb appeal tips in the next few weeks!