When preparing your house for the real estate market, painting is an inexpensive way to make a huge improvement in your home. However, you must choose your colors wisely, because the color of a home's interior sets the atmosphere of a house.
Whether you are preparing your house for sale or just wanting a new look for your home, adding the right color could dramatically change they way your feel about your surroundings. Colors, like music, invoke an emotional reaction in people. Typically these reactions are:
- Reds (warm) --> passion and excitement. Reds are an excellent choice that adds elegance and sophistication to any room in your house.
- Blues (cool) --> calm and peace. Using blues in your room will promote feelings of nature (sky and water) which sets a relaxing tone.
- Yellow (warm) --> joy and light (sun). Yellows add a cheerful atmosphere into the room and is typically found in kitchens.
- Green (cool) --> restful and nature. Greens combine the calming effect of blue with the joyfulness of yellow; the result is a fresh feeling of natural elements.
- Orange (warm) --> cozy and abundance. Using orange colors instill feelings of pleasant, autumnal warmth that should not be reserved soley for fall.
- Purple (cool) --> wisdom and creativity. Traditionally a royal color, purples add a formal color palate with a creative edge.
- Neutrals --> Neutral colors include all shades of whites, creams, browns, and blacks. When staging your house, select soft, light colored neutrals for your walls and bring color elements into your room through your home furnishings.
Before you choose a color for your walls or home accents, consider the "feeling" that you want your room to display. A beautiful room is just a few paint strokes away!
KFM Staging & Design is a Minnesota home staging company that has been creating “First Impressions That Sell” for homeowners and Realtors across the Twin Cities and western Wisconsin. KFM specializes in home staging consultations and vacant stagings. For more information on home staging visit our website: www.kfmstaging.com.