Working as a Minnesota home stager, everyday I tell homeowners to "remove the clutter," "pack away personal photos," and "hide the dog." All these suggestions help to create a desirable atmosphere in the house. However, there may be other "desirable" items in your house that we do not necessarily want buyers to enjoy.
TOP FIVE HOME STAGING PRECAUTIONS
1) Move OTC ephedrine tablets and all prescription medications to a personal dresser.
2) Keep personal papers containing your financial information in a secure location.
3) Place kitchen knife blocks inside the cabinetry for Realtor safety.
4) Empty jewelry boxes or remove entirely.
5) Remove house and car keys from key hooks.
Now this blog post is not encouraging sellers
to turn anthropophobic, agoraphobic, or harpaxophobic. Instead, homeowners should be empowered and secure their belongings by removing the temptations altogether. The probability of a theft occurring during a showing is quite minimal; however, we do not want to take the risk (no matter how slight it may be).
KFM Staging & Design is a Minnesota home staging company that creates "First Impressions that Sell" in the Twin Cites and Western Wisconsin. KFM specializes in vacant staging and staging consultations. Visit our website for staging tips or to schedule your in-home or online consultation.
So, in the midst of packing your non-essential home decor (as directed by your friendly, home staging
professional), keep mindful of the Top Five Home Staging Precautions to secure your personal safety.