St. Paul-based nonprofit Preservation Alliance of Minnesota will soon formally announced the buildings and sites on this year’s “10 Most Endangered Historic Places” list. Although the official announcement of the list isn’t until later this week, this year’s list surfaced early in the June issue of Minnesota Monthly.
Three of the listed sites are in the Twin Cities area: The Samuel J. Hewson House and the Wesley United Methodist Church in Minneapolis, and the Dairy Queen located at 1720 Lexington Avenue N. in Roseville.
The rest of the buildings and sites on Minnesota's “10 Most Endangered Historic Places” for 2010:
• Great Northern Railway Depot, Princeton
• Dodd Ford Bridge, Amboy
• Jackson County Resource Center, Jackson
• Southeast St. Cloud Neighborhood, St. Cloud
• Todd County Courthouse, Long Prairie
• Garrison Concourse, Garrison
• Bessesen Building, Albert Lea