In the world of real estate, a seller has control over two things: the price of their property and condition of their home. While Realtors help sellers determine a price, many agents count on home stagers to deliver the "bad news" to their clients about the appearance of their house.
TOP TEN THINGS (some) REALTORS WON'T TELL YOU
- "Your kids aren't that cute... pack the photos."
- "Multi-colored carpet does not include stains."
- "Hummel collections are not considered focal points."
- "Toilet seat covers do not qualify as 'spa-like' accessories."
- "Mint green is not a neutral color."
- "Your dining table should never be used as long-term storage space."
- "Most buyers are not looking for Jeff Gordon themed houses."
- "No amount of scented candles are going to remove that odor."
- "Lack of lighting does not 'set the mood.'"
- "Crotch-sniffing dogs rarely make good hosts."
There is a lot of work that goes into properly preparing a house for sale
on the real estate market. This task is made easier by getting a professional evaluation from a trained home stager. Stagers will identify the "red flags" that could hinder a sale as well as develop a plan that will make your listing stand out from the competition. Home staging
has been a secret weapon in the real estate wars, and it continues to win victories in the current makret. Even though some Realtors may not want to deliver the bad news to their clients; they can rely on professional stagers who will respectfully help sellers through the staging process.
KFM Staging & Design is a Minnesota home staging company that creates "First Impressions that Sell" in the Twin Cites and Western Wisconsin. KFM specializes in vacant staging and staging consultations. Visit our website for staging tips or to schedule your in-home or online consultation.